Monday, August 15, 2011

Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum @ Damansara Uptown

I still remember my 1st encounter with dim sum is when I'm still very young, and my aunt from Singapore will bring us to the famous Overseas Dim Sum in KL. That time, Dim Sum is something luxurious for us, yeah, we were quite poor, and are still poor now, but now we do Dim Sum quite regularly till I get sick of it sometimes.

In the past, dim sum is = Siew Mai, Har Kow, Char Siew Pau, etc now things had changed, even mussels are part of the dim sum family now.


Mussel + Prawn + Cheese. It actually tasted ok. There's 2 of this and it is only RM 4.50. Price-wise it is good, cos its mussels and prawns, wey...

Craving for some Bacon? No worries, Bacon are now no longer in the American Breakfast family, it has now joined Dim Sum's too...


This dish falls under the fried stuff. It is pork/prawn/fish wrapped with bacon, and it cost RM10. The pieces are actually quite big, thus making it not that expensive. This bacon thing is tasty, the ketchup opens up our appetite. But this dish will be much better if it is served hot. They also have this bacon dish in steamed version.


Errmm...I can't really remember what's this, but from the look of it I guess it is prawn + scallop + salted egg, and I think yam also? The reason why I can't remember because the combination makes it quite impossible for me to remember. The salted egg is there but we can't really taste it. Is it wrapped in spring roll? This plate here also cost us RM10.

Some other Dim Sum that we had that day:


The price ranges from RM3.60 to RM10. Price is considered cheap as the dim sum there is quite big. I loved the 'Chan Pao' ( Pork Bun ), it has very generous filling. The Lao Sa Pao's skin sticks to the teeth, I prefer those in Little Dim Sum Place. The century egg porridge is normal, I think Mexim Klang serves better porridge, I'll do a post on it soon, (hopefully). Everything else is ok, nothing to shout about.

I don't understand why is there such crowd in the place, maybe because of the wide variety of Dim Sum. Oh, and did I mention where is this? It is the famous Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum. They are so big they have 5 branches in the Klang Valley. The outlet that we went is the one in Damansara Uptown. But I find them a bit over-rated. The restaurant is jam-packed especially during weekends.


The Place: 

Jin Xuan Hong Kong Sdn Bhd
63G, 65G, Jalan SS21/60, Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Tel: 7729 8881

My opinion on this dim sum outlet: Worth the try, price affordable, either go early or after everyone had finished their breakfast or you'll have to wait for table, wide variety of dim sum, from the normal to the exquisite special dim sum.

My advice: Since portion is quite big, go with more people or else end up like us, wasted food, but since we are trained since young not to waste food, we tapao-ed the left-overs. Kudos to us...lol....

4 comments:

  1. One of my favaourite dim sum restaurant ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. what time is considered early? i normally go to the one in Damansara Utama (Atria there). and ....930am...it's already full. =_= i cannot imagine having to wake up at 7am for dim sum on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. queennie: me likey too!!
    alvin: ermmm..7am would be jz nice..^^ bt I wun usually wake up so early jz for dimsum too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7am...i think i rather have normal bread at 10am leh :|

    ReplyDelete

Hyatt House KL - Gallery Kitchen & Ten37 Sky Bar

It's nice to chill and spend time with the hubs in a quiet place with view, especially during the pandemic. Located in Mont Kiara, right...